Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Why do we read romance?

Is it the flutters of a new romance?? Is it the struggle and fight for love? Is it the steamy scenes?

I think it's all those things!!

I once read that we read (and adore) romantic stories because they remind us of that time in our own lives, when everything was new and exciting and every touch sent tingles through our bodies. Let's face it, while many couples do a great job of keeping the spark alive, once you have a mortgage, kids, full-time jobs, etc... you have no choice but to settle into a daily routine. Yes, there is still time for love and romance, but it's different from how it was in the beginning. You know each other so well, there's no way it can be the same. And it takes a lot more of an effort than it did in the beginning. Especially with kids, spontaneity becomes a thing of the past.

But reading a romance novel or even watching a romantic movie, can often remind us of those first tingles of love and desire. And who doesn't like that??

So if you're looking for something to give you those flutters and tingles, check out A Bitch Named Karma! And for more info about me, please stop by my website and blog!! Thanks for reading my post!



Virginia said...

We all love the HEA in romance


Maria Zannini said...

I know if that were me in that picture, I'd already have skinned knees and elbows. LOL.

Faith said...

I think it's escapism, a way to be someone else, even if only for a little while.

Jean P said...

I think we all want to escape for awhile from the day to day grind. And we all look for the happyily ever after too.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Faith V. Smith said...

I read romance because it takes me away from every day life!

Faith V. Smith

doxymom said...

I read for the escape too. Love the picture!

doxisrcool at

Joyce said...

I read romance for the reminder of the first tingles and flutters that go with that first meeting and/or kiss. The escape from everyday boring life is a plus too.

Laurie said...

You want to see the couple find their Happily Ever After. Overcoming whatever obstacle is thrown in their path. And escape to a small town or a big city or maybe a castle in Ireland. Where ever the author wants to take you.

desitheblonde said...

well i love the book to see what happen in them and then you never now till you read it

annalisa said...

Reading romance is a great escape from everyday life and I love HEA endings.


Piper Denna said...

Yesss. I love experiencing that "rush" with the characters. :)

Stephanie said...

Ahhhh...the escape. Yeah, that too!! Isn't it nice to just go away for a while, even if you're still in your own house, in your own boring pj's??

Thanks for stopping by!!