Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

What's your Favourite Funny Valentine Quote


Valentine Day!
What on earth could I write about Valentine’s Day that hadn’t been written, better, by someone else already?
I clicked on yet another valentine site for inspiration, and another, and another… and then a chance remark by DH and I had my subject!
Quotes!
And believe me there are millions out there :-) so off I went again to select a few that ‘tickled my fancy’.

"Valentine’s Day is when a lot of married men are reminded what a poor shot Cupid really is.” ~Unknown

"One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry." ~Oscar Wilde

"If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?" ~Unknown

No matter how love sick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along." ~Joyce Brothers

"If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?" ~Lily Tomlin

"Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife." ~Groucho Marx

Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely.
Hawkeye, M.A.S.H.

True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
Erich Segal

Falling in love is so hard on the knees.
Aerosmith

Love is a grave mental disease.
Plato

Mine is:- "If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?" ~Unknown

What’s yours?
~Giveaway~
I will give a PDF copy of Meditative Serenity to the answer that makes me laugh the most.
Sherry Gloag is a multi published author with two books out this month. The Wrong Taregt and Duty Calls which follow on the success of her debut novel, The Brat, last October.

Sherry Gloag’s website: www.sherrygloag.com
Sherry’s Blog: http://sherrygloagtheheartofromance.blogspot.com/
Her books are available at
The Brat: http://tinyurl.com/6fg72uc
Duty Calls: http://tinyurl.com/5vujr53
The Wrong Target: http://tinyurl.com/5tvrh74

22 comments:

Virginia said...

Love is a two way street

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Cate Masters said...

Too funny. I hadn't heard most of these, but I love them all. :)
cate.masters at gmail.com

desitheblonde said...

kiss my grits

Maeve said...

Great post, Sherry! I think Plato's is my favorite. :)

Maeve

maevegreyson@gmail.com

doxymom said...

"I wanted to make it really special on Valentine's Day, so I tied my boyfriend up. And for three solid hours I watched whatever I wanted on TV.” ~Tracy Smith


doxisrcool at aol.com

Linda Banche said...

Ah, I love it! My favorite is:
"No matter how love sick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along." ~Joyce Brothers

Right she is. There ARE princes out there. Unfortunately, you may have to wade through a lot of frogs to find them!

Sherry Gloag said...

So right Virginia, thanks for coming by.

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for coming by, Cate. I admit searching for these quotes was fun :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

rofl, desitheblonde. Thanks for your comment

Sherry Gloag said...

Hi Maeve, thanks for coming by. Yeah, Plato knew what he was talking about, didn't he? :-) I like that one too.

Sherry Gloag said...

Geeeze doxymom, the mind boggles. I hope the TV was worth it! LOL

Sherry Gloag said...

Hi Linda, I like that one too. It's just that there are a heck of a lot of frogs out there. I got lucky and found my prince quite quickly :-)
Thanks for coming by.

Maria said...

I have to agree that I like the one about if "love is blind- why is lingerie so popular"....lol

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for coming by and sharing your favourite, Maria. :-)

Cindy L said...

Hmm...I don't have any good quotes, but yours definitely made me laugh out loud! Thanks for sharing Sherry!

cbandy10(at)hotmail(dot)com

flchen1 said...

Hilarious, Sherry! Thanks for sharing!

Here are a couple that made me laugh--

Women marry men hoping they will change.
Men marry women hoping they will not.
So each is inevitably disappointed.
-- Albert Einstein

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
-- Albert Einstein

Men make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.
-- Anonymous

No man is truly married until he understands every word his wife is NOT saying.
-- Anonymous

f dot chen at comcast dot net

Megan Johns said...

Very funny, Sherry!
Love the one from Erich Segal.

Sherry Gloag said...

Maria, think of all the disappointed women, and men, if the lingerie industry didn't cash in on this day? LOL
Thanks for coming by and for your comments.
I hope you have a great Valentine's Day.

Sherry Gloag said...

Cindy L, I'm delighted this blog made you laugh. Laughter is always a good gift to share. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine Day. :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) flchen1 thanks for sharing those. I had a great time browsing for these quotes. Some I have printed out and pasted on my wall. They promise to be a great source of inspiration for short stories, at least :-) LOL
I hope your Valentine Day is good to you.

Sherry Gloag said...

LOL Megan, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I had such fun looking out for the what I thought were the best ones.
Catch up with you soon :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

AND THE WINNER IS.....

flchen1

(It was so hard to choose, in the end I gave you all numbers and drew a number from my 'hat')

I will email a pdf copy of Meditative serenity to you,flchen1, from my email SherryGloag at gmail dot com