Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

What are your favorite love stories? --Tanya Hanson

I always count Louisa May Alcott as my ultimate favorite author. After reading Little Women when I was eight years old, I knew I would someday be a writer. But it’s not exactly a romance. So I decided today to list Five Love Stories that have really stuck with me, and ask you to post one or two, or more, of yours.

(In no particular order)
1. Bride of the MacHugh –Jan Cox Spies
2. The Wolf and the Dove –Kathleen Woodiwiss
3. Gone With the Wind –Margaret Mitchell
4. The Man From Stone Creek –Linda Lael Miller
5. The Black Moth –Georgette Heyer
Extra Credit: Romeo and Juliet –William Shakespeare
                     Menfreya in the Morning –Victoria Holt

Come on! Share your faves!

~Tanya Hanson
Marrying Mattie, nominee, Best Book of 2010, Love Western Romances

Buy link


Kara Lynn Russell said...

Tanya, I absolutely love Louise May Alcott as well. I think my favorite of her books, besides Little Women, is Eight Cousins and its sequel Rose in Bloom.

Our assignment for my book club this month is to read a book with the word 'love' in the title. I re-read a favorite romance - My So Called Love Life by Allie Pleiter.

Shauna said...

Oohhh, I like this topic. Here are some all time favorites that I own like multiple copies and releases of:

Royal Passion by Jennifer Blake (first romance I utterly fell in love with, I read it in middle school)
Wildest Passion by Jayne Ann Krentz (I read it in college and it was my first JAK book, just loved it)
After the Night by Linda Howard (there's something about this book. How smells have colors. I just love it)
Blade's Lady by Fiona Brand (It's a 2000 Silhouette Intimate Moments that I just adore. A slight paranormal touch, great adventure, yummy)

Maria Zannini said...

Of all the love stories I've read or seen, the one that stays with me is Ladyhawke. It is true love on so many levels.

Julie Lynn Hayes said...

Gone With the Wind - Margaret Mitchell (read it 17 times lol)
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
The Mummy - Anne Rice
All the Dark Hunter books - Sherrilyn Kenyon

I never get tired of these stories; a good romance lives forever!

LoRee Peery said...

I fell in love with everything LaVyrle Spencer wrote (and was sad when she retired). I bought the first one in an airport because of her name -- my mom's was LaVera.

Jean P said...

All time favorite for me is Gone with the Wind. Have read that book many times.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Kasey said...

Pride and Prejudice


Dracula—gothic love!

Also a huge fan of Lisa Kleypas historical novels

Tanya Hanson said...

hi Everybody, thanks so much for posting. Been at the Zoo all day LOL. Great time.

Kara Lynn, oh, I loved those stores about Rose Campbell. I remember being disapointed when she ended up with Mac. I also so love Jack and Jill. When their friend Ed dies suddenly, well, re-reading that chapter still takes my breath away!

Shauna, indeed, Linda Howard and Jayne Ann are incomparable. I think I recall reading that Jennifer Blake is actually a man, and I couldn't believe it LOL.

Thanks for posting.

Tanya Hanson said...

Maria, I saw the movie Ladyhawke. Such atmosphere and tragic romance. Sigh.

Julie, oh, yes, Jane and Mr. Rochester. The best of the best. I confess to liking Catherine and Heathcliff, too.

LoRee, LaVerle indeed is a staple for anybody who loves reading romance. Another of the best.

Thanks, ladies, for posting.

Tanya Hanson said...

Kasey, Jane Austen was the master. I love them all and acatually thinkg Persuasion is my fave. And oh, Dracula. Sigh. Love it.

Jean, GWTW is just about the best. And I know they got together again.

Thanks, everybody!

Melissa Blue said...

Ashes In The Wind--Kathleen Woodiwiss

vinay said...

These are really very great Love Stories. I really appreciated your site and the variety and style of love stories.