Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Warning: Cobblestones, Carriages, and Characters Ahead!



Hi and welcome to the LASR Blog Party! I’m Rachel Lynne, one of your hostess’ for today. For those of you who don’t know me, (and gee, why should you? I mean, I’ve written one book and it hasn’t exactly made the NYT Bestseller list or captured oodles of media attention or anything. Why the heck do you think I’m doing a blog tour?! :), I’d like to take a moment and tell ya’ll about said book. (Bear with me, there is a point to my ramblings which will become apparent further on!)
I’m calling my posts today a ‘Virtual Tour of Savannah, Georgia’. If you don’t know me, (
nah, we're not goin
g there again, see above!), you’re wondering what Savannah has to do with a romance writer, right? Well, it pertains to me because one, I live there, and two, it’s my author 'brand', so to speak. See, I write romantic suspense stories set in Savannah and the environs along the Georgia coast. I even have a spiffy tagline!
Secrets, Lies, Murder … and things that go bump in the night! From Savannah, America’s Most Haunted City, to the Glorious Golden Isles, I write romantic suspense … Southern Style!

(Note: It looks even better floating on the marsh pic at my website! hint, hint ;)

I found my muse while walking the Live Oak lined streets of Savannah, (no…, not that kind of street walker!). I’m passionate about this area of the country and I love to share it with everyone I meet, (seriously, I’m a walking tour guide, ask my friends!). Ring of Lies, (that’s the book I’m supposed to be talking about!), is set in Savannah during the weeks before the annual event that makes the city go crazy; St. Patrick’s Day.


Ring of Lies; in a nutshell.
A café owner and an ex-cop must unravel the mystery surrounding
a hot blue diamond in order to stop a cold blooded killer.

After a childhood lived on the road with a free-spirited aunt, all café owner Ivy Michaels wants is a normal and uneventful life, but when her aunt is found floating in the Savannah River, Ivy inherits an heirloom blue diamond and a killer bent on keeping the past buried. Dom Riordan is an ex-cop obsessed with finding his mother's killer. A chance meeting, and a glimpse of evidence he's been seeking, convinces him that Ivy Michaels is the key to solving the crime. Dom devises a plan to date Ivy and ferret out the truth but he didn't count on losing his heart. As a ruthless killer closes in on Ivy, Dom will risk everything to keep her safe.

I have a book trailer too! (Please watch it! I ushered in the sunrise for four days straight putting this *&%#@! thing together! :)

So there you have it; why I’m devoting my posts today to Savannah, Georgia. I’ll be sharing a few of my favorite places, some of which appear in Ring of Lies, and some of the real “characters” that make Savannah such a cool place.
Before we set off to explore a show of hands please; have you ever visited Savannah or the Coastal Empire, if so, what's your favorite memory? If you haven't been here, why the heck not?!

21 comments:

Elie said...

Have not been to Savannah, although I hear it is beautiful. It is wondeful that it has given you so much inspiration. I look forward to hearing more. Now off to watch your trailer.

zenfoxflowerATyahooDOTcom

Elie said...

Wow, Savannah looks pretty, the story sounds great and wow-that is some heirloom.
zenfoxflowerATyahooDOTcom

Kasey said...

That's so cool that you write about Savannah. I'm actually from Georgia and I know it's a beautiful part of the country. Lots of history! I'll be sure to check out your work!


mharris299@Gmail.com

LoRee Peery said...

We were headed to Savannah from a neighboring Georgia town once, but a storm chased us away. Love the alliteration in your blog title.

Rachel Lynne said...

Hi Ladies! Glad you stopped by. We'll be starting our tour on River Street in about 40 minutes so lace up your sneakers ... the cobblestones are h*ll on heels! Bring a jacket, but I doubt you'll need it; we'll be in the high 60's today! Yet another reason I LOVE Savannah ;)

Hales said...

I haven't been there yet! But we plan on going soon my SO's stepdaughter well his daughter lives there now.

Calisa Lewis said...

Thanks for more fun sweetie!

Melinda said...

My bestie and I are planning a trip to Savannah in the spring. I was born and raised in GA, but I've never been. Shameful I tell you!

Greta said...

Rachel,

Mosied on over from Savvy to check out your novel. Sounds like fun. I love romantic suspense and the South, so, hey, what could be better? And the *&^@ effort on your book trailer paid off! Looks great.

Jean P said...

Never been to Savannah, keep telling my husband we should visit. The effort you put into your book trailer was worth it, it looks great.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Maeve said...

One of these days I'm going to make it to the REAL Savannah! Thanks so much for taking us on a tour of "virtual" Savannah. Great post, Rachel. :)

Kat Duncan said...

Hi Rachel, Savannah sounds really neat. I hope to visit someday. You did a great job on the book trailer! Ring of Lies is cued in my TBR pile, can't wait to read it...

Margaret said...

I would love to visit Savannah! Thanks so much for the 'tour'!

Isabelle said...

Savannah is one of my favorite cities in the US to visit! My WIP is set there too. :)

Isabelle

Kim Bowman Author said...

I love the book trailer!! The title also caught my attention. I can't wait to read!!

Kim

Maria Zannini said...

You did a great job with the trailer, Rachel.
Hope you caught up with your sleep. :)

Melissa Blue said...

I love Georgia and can certainly understand why Savannah lit a fire under your muse!

Becky said...

Never been to Savannah. Makes me want to visit!

DL Thomas said...

The only place I have been down south is Texas and I didn't get to see much of it.

Savannah sounds wonderful. Would love to see it someday.

I am looking forward to reading your book.

Mary said...

I would love to see Savannah. Sounds like a tour guide would be fun. Hope the ghosts don't get you.

Lost in My Own Thoughts said...

I loved Savannah...Your story sounds really interesting. I can almost smell the Magnolia.
~Melissa Stark~