Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Victoria's Top Ten Romantic Movies - Just in Time for Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day weekend is a perfect time to snuggle up with your honey and watch a movie...after you've created your own romance, of course  ; )  These are my top 10 romantic movies. Let me know what you think and what your favorites are.

1. The Notebook - when Allie and Noah kiss in the rain, I melt...every time...
2. Titanic - a lush, romantic feast
3. Dirty Dancing - Patrick Swayze at his prime...need I say more?
4. You’ve Got Mail - Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan were perfect in this movie...honestly, their online romance inspired my own...twelve years later, we're still together.
5. Bridget Jones’ Diary - Colin Firth's other Mr. Darcy...who can forget Bridget's amazed, "Nice boys don't kiss like that," and Mark Darcy's reply, "Oh, yes, they f*#ing do." My toes curl just thinking about it.
7. While You Were Sleeping - I remain convinced that Bill Pullman is one of hottest actors around, even if he's not promoted as a leading man, and this movie is proof. Sandra Bullock is touching in this role.
8. An Officer and a Gentleman - My heart still sticks in my throat when Richard Gere sweeps Debra Winger away from her job at a factory. Nothing like young Richard Gere to get the heart palpitating!

9. Romancing the Stone - A fun romantic adventure - I suppose the fact that the heroine is a romance writer gives it a special place in my heart.
10. Love, Actually - Touching on so many different levels - even the funeral for a beloved wife was romantic and moving, and Hugh Grant is simply wonderful.

These are my favorites...hope you'll share some of yours.

If you get a chance, stop by my website at www.victoriagrayromance.com or my blog, www.victoriagrayromance.blogspot.com to learn about my historical romances from the Wild Rose Press. I'll post excerpts as the day goes on here, too!

13 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Love romantic movies!

Last of the Mohicans
Ladyhawke
City of Angels
Kate & Leopold

are some of my favorites.

Celia Yeary said...

Romantic movies--I love the old ones: Picnic, Last of the Mohicans, Love is a Many Splendored Thing--and many more. Celia

Victoria Gray said...

Great suggestions! Time to load my Netflix queue :)

Rachel Lynne said...

Hi Victoria!
1. The Notebook is number one, forever. Spark's was a genius with that book :)
2. Jet Lag with Juliette Binoche & Jean Reno
3. Love Actually- this movie doesn't get nearly enough praise! Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson's story and the old rock star are my fav
4. Sabrina The ORIGINAL with Bogart and Hepburn

Angelia Almos/Angie Derek said...

1. The Mummy
2. The Saint

I tend to like a little adventure with my romance (when it is done well).

3. Penelope
4. Pride & Prejudice

Victoria Gray said...

Oooh,I love the Mummy, too...especially the fact that the heroine is a librarian (that's my day job).

P&P is awesome...liked the Saint and Sabrina...gotta check out Penelope and the other movies you ladies have suggested. My queue is going to be so full!

Kasey said...

I'm also a huge fan of The Notebook. I really like it when they make love for the first time--It's all feverish and needy. Couldn't get enough of it. LOL.

Don't forget Pride and Prejudice like a few others have remarked. The one with Keira Knightly. I just love the romantic music in that movie! It always puts a smile on my face.

Kasey
mharris299@gmail.com

Victoria Gray said...

I liked Keira Knightly's P&P, but not as much as the older version with Colin Firth...she was excellent, but can't get enough Colin Firth :)

Jean P said...

Big fan of Dirty Dancing. I like some of the old movies with Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

luciatea said...

Thank you for this list! Very handy for Valentines Day.
Movies I liked:
Bridget Jones’ Diary, very funny
Love, Actually, loved all those couples
Movie I didn't like:
Titanic! I'm not a fan of Leonardo...

luciatea01 (at) hotmail.com

Victoria Gray said...

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Leonardo either, but the sweeping romance of it all was captivating to me.

Ooh, I love those old Katharine Hepburn movies, too! Love those strong 40s heroines.

Another really great movie was Leap Year. It didn't get great reviews, but I loved it. 27 Dresses was also a cute, funny romance.

Tanya Hanson said...

An ancient one: It Happened One night (Clark Cable)

The Saint. Love Val Kilmer.
Pride and Prejucide--Colin Firth version (I love hot Bridget Jones tied it al in)

My ultimate fave: Notting Hill

Victoria Gray said...

Oooh, I love It Happened One Night...what a classic! Notting Hill was great, too (love Hugh Grant), and The Saint was good. Of course, P&P was awesome!