Valentine's Day weekend is a perfect time to snuggle up with your honey and watch a movie...after you've created your own romance, of course ; ) These are my top 10 romantic movies. Let me know what you think and what your favorites are.
1. The Notebook - when Allie and Noah kiss in the rain, I melt...every time...
2. Titanic - a lush, romantic feast
3. Dirty Dancing - Patrick Swayze at his prime...need I say more?
4. You’ve Got Mail - Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan were perfect in this movie...honestly, their online romance inspired my own...twelve years later, we're still together.
5. Bridget Jones’ Diary - Colin Firth's other Mr. Darcy...who can forget Bridget's amazed, "Nice boys don't kiss like that," and Mark Darcy's reply, "Oh, yes, they f*#ing do." My toes curl just thinking about it.
7. While You Were Sleeping - I remain convinced that Bill Pullman is one of hottest actors around, even if he's not promoted as a leading man, and this movie is proof. Sandra Bullock is touching in this role.
8. An Officer and a Gentleman - My heart still sticks in my throat when Richard Gere sweeps Debra Winger away from her job at a factory. Nothing like young Richard Gere to get the heart palpitating!
9. Romancing the Stone - A fun romantic adventure - I suppose the fact that the heroine is a romance writer gives it a special place in my heart.
10. Love, Actually - Touching on so many different levels - even the funeral for a beloved wife was romantic and moving, and Hugh Grant is simply wonderful.
These are my favorites...hope you'll share some of yours.
If you get a chance, stop by my website at www.victoriagrayromance.com or my blog, www.victoriagrayromance.blogspot.com to learn about my historical romances from the Wild Rose Press. I'll post excerpts as the day goes on here, too!