Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Top 10 Men I'd Love to See as a Romantic Hero

When I'm writing, I often visualize an actor and actress in the roles of my hero and heroine. For my hero in Destiny, Jack Travis, I pictured Christian Bale in Batman (minus the batsuit, of course!) There are so many hot actors, I'll have to keep busy writing new  heroes ; )

Here are some of my favorites:
1. Gerard Butler
2. Jake Gyllenhaal
3. Hugh Jackman
4. Robert Downey, Jr.
5. Alexander Skarsgard
6. Johnny Depp
7. Stephen Moyer
8. Harrison Ford (in his Indiana Jones prime, of course!)
9. James Marsden
10. Colin Firth

Who do you picture as the hero when you curl up with a good book? Love to know your thoughts.

Want to know more about my fictional heroes? Stop by my website, or my blog, to see more about my historical romances, Destiny and Angel in My Arms.


Margaret said...

I can agree on most of your choices. I'd add Nathan Fillion, Scott Patterson, and Richard Armitage too!

Cynnara Tregarth said...

It depends on the descriptions of the book. From Orlando Bloom to John Barrowman to Christian Bale, I have a range of actors whom I see in a story as I read it. For me it comes alive in my mind like a movie while I read.

Elie said...

That guy that plays Alicide on true blood and the guy that plays Clark Kent on Smallville. I love brunettes and those are two pretty ones.

Sherry Gloag said...

Great selection :-) Unfortunately if I try to write to a particular image my hero revolts and does a runner. -So uncooperative!- LOL

Raquel Byrnes said...

Ooh, what Margaret said, Nathan Fillion. Something about that charm just makes me smile. I use photos to help me figure out gesture quirks like crooked smiles.
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Jean P said...

You list was great, I think you listed all my favorites!

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Victoria Gray said...

Love the add-ons...will need to make it a top 20...I especially like the werewolf on True Blood...Alcide...I believe his name is Joe Manganiello...yummy!

Victoria Gray said...

I'll tell you one who should have been on that list...David Duchovny...any other X-Philes out there?

Maria Zannini said...

So many men, so little time. But you've picked my #1

Brenda Whiteside said...

I'll put in my vote for Nathan Fillion!

Kasey said...

I tend to picture Joe Manganiello, but Nathan Fillion is good too!


E.A. West said...

Who I picture depends on the book, but to add a couple more names to the growing list: Ben Barnes and Garrett Hedlund. :)

Isabelle said...

Nathan Fillion, mmm. Also, Joseph Fiennes. He has the most gorgeous eyes.

Cate Masters said...

I have a soft spot for Billy Crudup and Aidan Quinn. (So two soft spots, lol)
cate.masters at