Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

TEMPTATION WITH SWEETS BY KATHLEEN ANN GALLAGHER

Since Madeline Young the heroine of my upcoming release, Echoes at Dawn, from Decadent Publishing, is a chef, she has a collection of recipes for yummy treats to please the pallet of any man.  She recently met someone who makes her heart flutter. This is a recipe she thinks you'll love and wanted me to share it with you.  Madeline baked them for Nat and he loved them. She served the cheesecakes to him dressed in a satin robe and nothing else. I won't mention how the rest of the night went. You can only imagine something fabulous. You can make them for the special man in your life. Enjoy!

I'll let you meet Madeline later in my next post.  The scene surrounding the first kiss between Madeline and the handsome, yet mysterious Nat Griffin, is something you won't  want to miss.

  • BLACK FOREST MINI CHEESECAKES

Ingredients:

  • 18 to 24 vanilla wafer cookies
  • 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
  • 1-1/4 cups sugar
  • 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 container (8 oz.) dairy sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • SOUR CREAM TOPPING(recipe follows)
  • canned cherry pie filling, chilled


Directions:

1. Heat oven to 325°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with foil bake cups. Place one vanilla wafer (flat-side down) in bottom of each cup.

2. Beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth. Add sugar, cocoa and flour; blend well. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in sour cream and almond extract. Fill each muffin cup almost full with batter.

3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; cool 5 to 10 minutes. Spread heaping teaspoon SOUR CREAM TOPPING on each cup. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; refrigerate. Just before serving, garnish with cherry pie filling. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecakes. 1-1/2 to 2 dozen cheesecakes.


SOUR CREAM TOPPING: Stir together 1 container (8 oz.) dairy sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until sugar is dissolved.

10 comments:

Deena said...

Yum! I don't bake, but I eat baked things very well, and this is one baked thing I would LOVE to get my hands on! :)

LuAnn said...

Cheesecake ... what could be better than that?!

reading_frenzy at yahoo dot com

Maria Zannini said...

I'm not a baker, but this one looks easy enough that even I can't mess up. :)

Virginia said...

I do love me some sweets, love great.

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Faith said...

Mmm, that actually made my mouth water! I love recipes that are rich like this one.

bicknellbrown@sbcglobal.net

Jean P said...

Oh my that sounds like a yummy recipe, doesn't look that complicated either.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

doxymom said...

Oo, yummy but dangerous.

doxisrcool at aol.com

Jason said...

my mouth is watering!!

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

Thanks everyone! I hope you have as much fun as Madeline did when she served them to Nat.

Joyce said...

They look lovely. I'm going to have to make them soon.