Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tears Can Touch The Heart

I am a self-professed hopeless romantic. I can’t help it! I think it must have something to do with being born so close to Valentine’s Day. I simply love the idea of love so I don’t think anyone was surprised when I told them I was going to publish my writings and they were mostly centered around romance. I used to call myself the queen of fluff but I’ve been told my stories and characters possess a depth and, although not necessarily intentioned, most of the stories come out with a great message that I am always pleased to share.

With that, I’d like to share a short excerpt from my upcoming novel, “A Marriage of Necessity”- coming soon to TreasureLine Books:

She’d been watching him. He smiled at her and squeezed her hand again. He did like her. Already she felt like a favorite t-shirt; the one you always wanted to wear whether it’s clean or not. She was strong too. She’d been through a lot and survived. But there was something fragile and questioning in her too; something that made him want to protect her and take care of her. He thought of that first moment when his arms had gone around her as she told him about losing the baby. Sara had lost a baby after the twins. She’d been devastated for a while. That’s when he’d started to fall for her – Terry, not Sara – as she cried against his chest. It was as if her tears had seeped through his shirt and begun to work their way to his heart.

Enjoy a longer excerpt from “A Marriage of Necessity” on my website: Feel free to leave me your email address while you’re there so I can let you know when the book becomes available. It's a tender, touching story with it's own special blend of humor. I'd love to share it with you.


Virginia said...

What a great excerpt and kind of sad. I will be reading more of this book, because its something I would love to read. Congrats on your up coming release. I will be watching for it.


Linda said...

Thanks, Virginia. Just like my current release, "Arms of an Angel", Marriage has some parts that may have you reaching for a tissue. The one thing you can always expect from me, however, is a happy ever after ending. That's what I like and that's what I write. You may not always close the book laughing but I always hope my readers will be wearing a smile and have that warm feeling in their hearts.

Sue A. said...

An emotional read! Just the way I like my stories to be.