Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Single Rose or Bouquet?

Hello Again!

Since my initial post discussed the meaning of different colors of roses, I thought it'd be fun to continue the thread with more posts about roses. We all love the idea of a dozen roses, but personally, I think a single rose means just as much if not more than a dozen. Here is a scene from my novel, Tempered Hearts where a single rose is all hero Craig Harris needed......

“It’s beautiful,” Tamera breathed, fingering its soft petals and inhaling the

“I’ll get some water,” he offered, picking up the empty vase off the tray. He watched through lowered lids as she reached for the ribbon around it. Seeing the ring tied securely to the knot, her eyes widened in surprise then lifted to meet his.


sweet scent.“Will you marry me?” he asked, kneeling in front of her.

 Tempered Hearts book 1 in 4-part series
© 2005
Publisher: ComStar Media
ISBN# 0-9769960-2-2

Purchase TEMPERED HEARTS At AMAZON.COM As a PAPERBACK For $16.95 OR Directly From the Author for a reduced price! (email for details: or get the KINDLE EDITION FOR ONLY $1.99!

Pamela S Thibodeaux
"Inspirational with an Edge!" (tm)

In a single, sweeping motion, he handed her a rose nestled in green paper.


Elie said...

awww, how sweet. I can see why one was enough.


Virginia said...

I agree that one rose means just as much as a dozen.


Kasey said...

So sweet. Yeah, single roses rock. I'm a fan of white roses...ahhhhhh....I might go ahead and buy me one today.

mharris (at) gmail (dot) com

linda_rettstatt said...

I love the single rose. It says, "I put a lot of thought into choosing just the right one."

Donna B said...

Yeah, I'll take a single rose over a dozen any day. And I loved your Tempered Series of books! Sooooo sweet!

Jean P said...

I agree, a single rose can say a lot.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

joder said...

Yes, one is just as sweet because of all the other things that went with the rose, such sweet words. For me though, roses are too obvious, give me tulips any day.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

Maria Zannini said...

A single rose can be far more powerful than a dozen, depending on the giver.

Kara Lynn Russell said...

I loved that he tied the ring to the rose.

luciatea said...

Oh, that was so romantic! I think this works best with a single rose :)

luciatea01 (at)

Cindy L said...

What a beautiful way to propose!


Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Yeah, a single rose can mean a whole lot more than a dozen - thank you ALL for commenting!

Jane said...

I do agree that one rose is more enough to show your love.

janie1215 AT excite DOT com

E.A. West said...

After reading that excerpt, I'm even more of a believer in the deep meaning of a single rose. :)

Judy said...

I loved the excerpt. I agree about the concept of a single rose. I think it really means even more!!


Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

You know, Jane - I firmly believe it is the thought that counts...more isn't always better nor does it express love to a greater degree.

Yeah EA, one rose given at the right moment says it all.

Thank you both for commenting.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Our posts must have crossed Judy ~ thanks for stopping by & commenting.

jessica said...

I also like the idea of a single rose instead of a dozen roses. . it's the thought that counts and I think more than one to three is just too much. .

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Yeah so romantic Jessica.

THANKS again to EVERYONE who commented!

Watch for a cute post about roses coming today - a personal one :-)


Isabelle said...

It has to be a single rose.