Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rocks instad of Roses?

When is a rock better than roses? No, I'm not talking diamonds...I'm talking a plain, old run-of-the-mill rock!

When my husband and I were dating we went for a walk along the railroad tracks by my parent's house one day and he picked up a rock then handed it to me with the following words.....

My love is like this rock; it's strong and solid, it'll never change, it'll last forever and there's not another one like it in the world.

In that moment I wouldn't have traded that piece of hardened earth for a million roses!

My husband passed away August 18th 2009 but I still have that rock -and the one I gave him another time - both (along with a printed/framed copy of his words to me) are displayed in the shadowbox my dad built to house special mementos of these precious 20 years of my life.

Although I miss him dearly - I haven't given up on love, romance or roses so watch for my next post!


Pamela S Thibodeaux
"Inspirational with an Edge!" (tm)
http://pamelathibodeaux.com/
http://pamswildroseblog.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Virginia said...

The rock story is so sweet

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Maria Zannini said...

Oh, Pamela. I am so sorry for your loss.

He sounds like a wonderful man. I'm glad you got to spend part of your lives together. I can only imagine the memories you made together.

I love the rocks. And I agree. I'd treasure them.

Faith said...

I''m having the worst luck with comments today, lol. Okay, trying again...

That is such a sweet love story and probably the most romantic one I've ever heard!

bicknellbrown@sbcglobal.net

Jean P said...

So sorry for your loss.
The rock story is a very sweet story and a wonderful memory to have.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

doxymom said...

That's so sweet, and I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like your husband was very romantic.

doxisrcool at aol.com

Cate Masters said...

So bittersweet, Pamela. Wishing you many fond memories this Valentine's Day.
cate.masters AT gmail.com

Jason said...

That was so beautiful! You are lucky to have had him.

~smooches~

Sarah J. Bradley said...

Pamela! Thank you for a beautiful, inspiring post!

Vanessa A. Johnson said...

How touching, Pamela. It's evident your husband lives on thru the precious memories you two shared.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Glad you enjoyed the story, Virginia.

Thanks Maria - he was a very sweet and sentimental man and I was truly blessed to have him for so long.

Yeah, Faith, hard to imagine rocks being romantic but I hadn't heard that before ... nor since :-)

Yes Jean P, the memories are wonderful and thankfully, less painful ever day - as I told my brother in Dec... It's time to rejoice in what we shared.

He was the most romantic man I've ever heard of Doxymom - was always doing something sweet and funny :-)

Thanks Cate!

Yes, Jason I was truly blessed to have him - and I believe with all my heart God has another love for me...maybe not the same - for there'll never be another just like him - but just as sweet.

So glad you enjoyed the post Sarah!

Yeah Vanessa, our love lives on....

THANK you ALL for commenting!

PamT

flchen1 said...

What a beautiful story--thank you for sharing it, Pamela! I'm glad you were blessed to have a man like him for the time that you did!

f dot chen at comcast dot net