Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Other February Celebrations

All over the world that cute little diapered babe with his bow and arrow – what were his parent’s thinking of? Don’t they know how dangerous these weapons can be in the hands of a child? – and his clones are rushing around hitting everyone they can possible target, and what do the earthlings do in response? They celebrate!

It must be the only event in history that celebrates annual attacks on humans by aliens from another world every Febraury.

Be that as it may, I too have reason to celebrate this month.
After the success of my debut novel, The Brat, released by The Wild Rose Press, last October –

The Brat - Blurb:
Gina Williams has a secret and prays it is buried with her childhood persecutor, Anna Kouvaris, as discovery will ruin her reputation as a famous children’s author. She soon discovers the son, Ben Kouvaris, new owner of her publishing company, has uncovered her past and is making demands. Will he ruin her career if she doesn’t comply?
Ben kouvaris is blown away by the unknown beauty at his estranged mother's funeral, and when his father demands he marry, immediately, to secure the family business, he knows just who he wants as his temporary bride. But can Ben persuade Gina to trust him?
Review: The Brat is flawless. Sherry Gloag creates three dimensional characters who have more than one hang up, more than one fear, more than one secret, more than one desire, and weaves their complicated relationships together like Parisian Couture…

…comes my short story, The Wrong Target, part of the Cupid Gone Wild anthology released at the end of January by eTreasures Publishing

The Blurb: Headmistress, Tina Blackberry and tycoon, Ryan Thomas can't control events after Ryan's daughter steals his coveted golden arrow and takes it to school, But put Cupid on the job and nothing can go wrong, or can it?
Excerpt: “Goddamit,” he exploded, “Can’t you stand still for one second? I have something to say, but I can’t while you’re jogging round the room.”
She halted toe to toe in front of him. “You have me dismissed from a job I loved, because I upheld the safety of my pupils, and still have the audacity to stalk me to my holiday destination and demand I listen to you because you have something to say?” Flapping her hands at her sides, she spun away and back again, planting her hands on the chair arms, she pinned him in his place and snarled, “Let me tell you something. I’ve come here to enjoy myself and your presence isn’t part of my plan.”
“What is your plan?” he demanded.
“To get laid!” Astonishment pushed her away from the chair, her eyes wide, her lips curved up in a defiant sneer. “I intend to find myself a man and screw the living daylights out of him. And,” she paused deliberately, “I don’t need you for that.”

Hard on the heals of my Valentine story comes my new novel Duty Calls, released by Black Opal Books on February 11th and is available at

Editorial Review: From Taylor Jones
With a few twists and turns along the way, Duty Calls captures the reader's attention and refuses to let go right up to and including the last page. Set in a stately English manor, Duty Calls is a romance big on plot, with an attention to detail that doesn't overwhelm, but pulls the reader deeper into each scene.

She’d saved his life…
Rafe Hawk refuses to accept the inheritance, of a large English estate, and the title that goes with it, after his birth father’s death because the man chose duty over the woman he loved and their son.
So when he finds himself temporarily living at Kinsale Hall, he’s not prepared to trust anyone associated with the place, including Trudi Delaney and her daughter.
So why, when he looks into their eyes, does he suddenly remember a woman who vanished without a trace after saving his life one stormy night ten years earlier?

Now he could destroy hers.
Instinct warns Trudi Delaney the arrival of the contemptuous American architect at Kinsale Hall will change her life forever. Especially when she discovers he spends so much of his time in areas of Kinsale Hall off-limits to visitors.
Eleven years after escaping from her psychotic husband with a stranger, she’s still plagued by nightmares of events she can’t remember. Events such as, who fathered her beautiful daughter?
Now, more than a decade later, she is confronted by another stranger. Will this one destroy everything she holds dear?
“Only Daniel Kinsale and his solicitors knew I’d arranged to meet him. No one knew I changed my schedule and arrived in England a week earlier than expected, and yet Denny Cadmore somehow discovered both my plans and identity.”
Rafe glared at his parent. “Given those facts, tell me why I should stake a claim on a god-forsaken English estate, when everything and everyone who means anything to me is here in Boston?” . . .
Rafe’s free hand crashed down on the table sending the letter floating to the floor. “If he loved you so much, how come another of his bastards crawled out of the woodwork? One whose birth certificate proves he’s ten days younger than me? How come that same bastard damn near sent me to my grave?
Explain that if you can!”

My Blogsite:


Virginia said...

These sound like some really good stories. I will have to check them out.

Congrats on you debut noval


Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks Virginia :-) You've been awesomely supportive to all the bloggers this weekend.

Jean P said...

All of these books sound like stories would love to read. Thanks for posting the blurbs

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Stephanie said...

These stories look awesome! Congrats on the contracts!! I can't wait to devoure them.


I'm finding some good books and these 2 are going on my TBL.


Maria said...

Thanks for the blurbs on all of your books! I definitely want to read all three of these!


Sue A. said...

Congrats on all your recent successes! Thanks for sharing your books here!

doxymom said...

These all sound good.

doxisrcool at

desitheblonde said...

cool you have one coming out my bd is fri and wish you the best this year

Elie said...

These sound interesting. I am curious about the secret in The Brat.

Maria Zannini said...

Oh my gosh, Sherry. I'm beginning to think you never sleep. :)

Congrats on your success.

Di said...

enjoyed the descriptions of the stories - peeked my curiosity.

sallans d at yahoo dot com

Kasey said...


heavy hedonist said...

Provocative reviews.

Michaela said...

I love secrets in stories so I'm curious about the one in The Brat!

lisagk said...

I'm interested in The Wrong Target, I'll be looking for this one.

Kammie said...

Lots of good stories! kammie2u at ameritech dot net

Megan Johns said...

These books look really great, Sherry.

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for coming by Jean P, and for your kind comments. Obviously -LOL- I'm delighted the books all peeked your interest.
Have a great Valentine's Day.

Sherry Gloag said...

Stephanie, thanks for coming by and your kind words. I hope you enjoy them when you get to reading them :-)
Have a fabulous V day today. :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

Loretta, I couldn't agree with you more, My tbr and wish list are so long now I can't believe it, and I've found some wonderful new -to me- authors to add to my reading.
Hope you have a great V. Day :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

Maria, Thank you for coming and and for your kind words. I'm glad you like the sound of all of them.
Have a great Valentine's Day :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for coming by Sue, and your kind words.
I hope your Valentine's day is everything you wis it to be. :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) Thanks doxymom, for your kind words and supporting all my blogs today. I hope you have a fabulous Valentine's day. :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

desitheblonde :-) Happy birthday on Friday. Mine is the 25th. Thanks for supporting all my blogs today and your good wishes. I hope your valentine's day is everything you want it to be.

Sherry Gloag said...

LOL Elie, if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore!!
You can read the full blurb and excerpt over at my website, and the reveiws for The Brat are up there too, if you are interested. :-)
Thanks for your support during the day. Have a great V day.

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) Maria Zannini, in a way you are right. I had a trubled night last night so came back online around 2am UK time and responded to the latest comments. LOL
Thanks for your good wishes and kind words.
Have a great V Day

Sherry Gloag said...

I'm delighted I peeked your interest Di, thanks for coming by and your kind words.
I hope your Valentine day is everything you want from it.

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for your good wishes Kasey. I hope you have a fantastic Valentine's Day :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for coming by heavy headonist and your kind words. Have a great Valentine's day.

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for coming by Michaela, and if you rad The Brat, I hope you enjoy that too. It holds a special place in my heart. Gina and Ben are still 'keeping an eye on me'!
Have a great Valentine's day. :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

Lisagk I hope you enjoy it, and that you will vote for it in the poll that is running until March 25th at
it refreshes every week, so you can vote more than once.
The link is also up at my blog
Thanks for coming by, and I hope this Valentine day is good to you.

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for coming by Kammie, and for your kind words. I hope Valentine's day is a good one for you. :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) Fancy seeing you here, Megan. Hope you had a fabulous weekend and that today, Valentine's day, is a good one for you too.
Your support and friendship is always valued, hon. Thank you.