Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Favorite Historical Romances of All Time

For this list, there are more than ten...again, all older romances. How about you? Can you recommend some new historical romance authors to read?

The Windflower/Tom and Sharon Curtis
Shanna/Kathleen Woodiwiss
A Rose in Winter/Kathleen Woodiwiss
Morning Glory/LaVyrle Spencer
Hummingbird/LaVyrle Spencer
Sunset Embrace/Sandra Brown
Something Wonderful/Judith McNaught
A Kingdom of Dreams/Judith McNaught
Love, Cherish Me/Rebecca Brandewyne
Outlaw Hearts/Rebecca Brandewyne

The Fireflower/Edith Layton
The Crimson Crown/Edith Layton
Savage Thunder/Johanna Lindsey
Another Dawn/Sandra Brown
Amanda Rose/Karen Robards
Dark Torment/Karen Robards
Years/LaVyrle Spencer
Ashes in the Wind/Kathleen Woodiwiss
Amber Skies/Leigh Bristol
Winter Roses/Anita Mills

Let me know if any of these bring back memories!

Liana Laverentz


joder said...

A great selection of books. My favorite historical is Always to Remember by Lorraine Heath which is incredibly good.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

Virginia said...

I would recommend Elizabeth Hoyt, Kaki Warner, Anna Campbell, Elaine Levine, there are so many its hard to name them all. My favorite book of all time would be Gone With The Wind.


Mrs. Soule said...

My historical-romance favorites:
Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros
After Midnight by Teresa Medeiros (although this crosses genres with paranormal elements)
If You Deceive by Kresley Cole

Elie said...

Great list, added a few of these to my wishlist.

Caffey said...

Oh I so love historical romances!! How can I put just a few down!

ANNIE'S SONG by Catherine Anderson
SILENT MELODY by Mary Balogh
AN AFFAIR MOST WICKED by Julianne Maclean
THE WEDDING by Julie Garwood
THE BRIDE by Julie Garwood
AGAIN THE MAGIC by Lisa Kleypas
THIS TIME FOR KEEPS by Kathleen Kane (Maureen Child, its a Time Travel)
THE RAVEN PRINCE by Elizabeth Hoyt

Oh so loved too DARK TORMENT by Karen Robards! A beautiful read.
There are more but I stop or never will, LOL
And I so have many you all listed on my list to get and/or read.

Caffey said...

I keep forgetting to post my email!

cathiecaffey @

PS I'm adding #11 of Amanda Forester HIGHLANDER'S SWORD (its a recent read from Sourcebooks, Medieval!)

Kasey said...

OMG, you have to read Lisa Kleypas. She’s the best and I know my historical romances. Start with Devil in Winter though…basically start with her Wallflower series.

Maria Zannini said...

Historicals are some of my favorites. I'm going to have to check out a couple of these. Thanks.

Kammie said...

I've read all those stories but one. Judith McNaught was the first romance author's story I ever read and within a month, I had read every release she had. Some of my favorite authors not mentioned are Stephanie Laurens and Sabrina Jeffries. kammie2u at ameritech dot net

Janet H said...

The Secret by Julie Garwood and Shadowheart by Laura Kinsale. Lots of others, but those are my all time favs.

liana laverentz said...

All wonderful suggestions! Thanks for posting!

jessica said...

I haven't read many of those authors but I have read Johanna Lindsey and enjoy her books. Another author that I like is Julie Garwood (The Bride, Honours Splendour, etc.)and I know that there is another author but I can't think of thier name but I also got it confused with Johanna Lindsey. . I think it started with Lindsey . . . maybe I'll remember it later. . .

Joyce said...

My favorite current historical author is Jude Devereaux. Her books are always intriguing.There is also Theresa Mederios she has a great sense of humor in her books.