Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Keeping The Heat

I read just about anything. When it comes to romance I like to stay on the speculative side, but an unusual historical can also win me over. I’m also quite relaxed when it comes to heat level—as long as I know what I’m getting.

As a writer I’m much the same. I love writing erotic romance, but I couldn’t write it all the time, so I’ll slide across and write a sensual fantasy romance for a change of pace. Keeping the characters on edge waiting for a kiss, or a touch, or something more can be a lot of fun. With each near miss the tension rises. And, hopefully, by the time the characters get together the reader sighs with them.

The trick is to get the balance right. Too soon and the chemistry can fizzle, too long and the reader can wonder ‘are we there yet?’ There needs to be just enough heat to keep the characters simmering. The same as any relationship, it needs to be cared for and thought about.

With Valentines Day just around the corner it’s a chance to catch up and tell that special someone we haven’t forgotten about them. But do you go all out for one day, or do you remember to do something little every so often?

Shona Husk


Maria Zannini said...

I'm more of a little bit every day sort of person. We used to go all out for Valentine's day, but now it's enough when we can put the world aside and just be with one another.

Jean P said...

We don't go all out on Valentine's Day, we try and do something each and every day for one another.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Sherry Gloag said...

not every year, but this year it started earlier with the best Valentine card I've ever seen :-)

doxymom said...

I try to do little things all year long. We don't go all out on Valentine's Day either.

desitheblonde said...

the book wow eye catcher for the valentine
i get a pair of kids boot need them for the snow here and have to work on taxes

Joyce said...

I tend to do a little bit through the year. Basically when something speaks to me and I think my husband will like it.

Kasey said...

Doing a little bit thorughout the year helps.