Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jasper has a few questions for the humans...

How’s it goin’, everybody? Are you enjoying all these great blogs and your chances to win the cool prizes? I wish somebody had tossed some chew bones into the mix. I might post a few comments if there were some tasty dog treats up for grabs. 
By the way, I’m Jasper. (Note my handsome pic.) I’m Maeve Greyson’s writing partner and she said I can do one of her posts as long as I behave myself and mention her new release.  I don’t know about the behaving part –but I’ll tell you a little about her book at the end of my rant. Maeve’s a pretty good old girl even though she’s a bit scattered most of the time.
Which brings me to a few questions about you odd creatures –I’m talking to the humans here. Any cats in the room, disregard.  That’s a whole ‘NOTHER post.  Anyway, here’s my questions:
  1. Why don’t you just sniff your woman’s butt instead of trying to kiss her on the mouth the first thing in the morning? She complains about MY breath. You don’t think she’s going to gag when she smells yours?
  2. Why don’t you guys go outside and pee on a tree? THEN she wouldn’t constantly be on  your case about putting that ring thingy down on that cold seat where she sits when she needs to pee. However, whatever you do –DON’T pee on her rosebushes. She gets a little testy about the stupid rosebushes.
  3. If you would lick your plate until it shined, you could put it back up on those shelves and she wouldn’t fuss about having to clean up the food room she calls the “kitchen”.  She smiles when I lick my food bowl clean. Don’t you think it would work for you too?
  4. If you would just nose your wadded up socks under the bed (like I do when you’re not looking), she wouldn’t have anything to complain about when she’s unknotting them to throw into that big white water box. By the way, you don’t need to buy any more socks. Ever think of looking under your bed?
Well. I guess that’s about it. I did promise I’d mention Maeve’s book. So, here you go!
BEYOND A HIGHLAND WHISPER – available from The Wild Rose Press on February 18th.
Which will triumph? The vengeful wrath of a cruel witch or a love spanning across time?
A beguiling Scot from the 1400’s, Latharn Mackay is cursed into a crystal orb when a seductive witch rages against his withheld love.  But hope’s not lost. The woman destined to win his heart can break the curse by whispering her love aloud while in the presence of the globe.  There are just a few minor problems to overcome.  Nessa is six hundred years in the future and Latharn can only visit her dreams with a silent presence.  If he speaks, the curse will shatter his soul into bits.  And then there’s still the matter of the vindictive sorceress.  You know an enraged woman is going to have the final say…unless love proves more powerful.

For more about Maeve and her books:


Cate Masters said...

You are a handsome devil, Jasper, but those tips might land you in the dog house! lol
Beyond a Highland Whisper sounds like a wonderful read Maeve! Congrats!
cate.masters at

annalisa said...

I enjoyed reading the blurb for Beyond a Highland Whisper. It sounds really good! :)


Maeve said...

Jasper said to thank you, Cate!

I'm glad you liked the blurb, Anna.


Jean P said...

Jasper you sound like a real character!
Thanks for the blurb, this sounds like a really intriguing story.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Marsha A. Moore said...

Good tip about the toilet ring, Jasper! If you really want to get on Maeve's good side, I've heard she'd like you to master doing the laundry rather than sleeping in it!

Victoria Roberts said...

Jasper, Jasper... I bet if you gathered those socks from under the bed and placed them in the laundry basket, your human might reward your good behavior with a treat ;-)

Joyce said...

Jasper is so funny! He has some good insite on relationships. LOL

Maeve said...

Jasper asked me to extend his appreciation to all of you for your comments. He's currently stretched out on the couch and can't be bothered. Apparently, it's time for siesta!


Maria Zannini said...

What a good dog, Jasper. You deserve a cookie. :)

Maria said...

What a cute doggie and he's so about looking under the bed for the socks....

Beyond a Highland Whisper sounds interesting....putting it on the list:)


doxymom said...

LOL. Oh, he's so cute!

doxisrcool at

Cindy L said...

Great post Maeve! Jasper is hilarious! Give him an extra treat tonight!


Maeve said...

LOL! Jasper must've heard you. He's got his nose pointed at the treat bag and "woofs" everytime I walk by him. I think he's trying to tell me something. ;)