Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Is it Love or is it Madness?

Well Friends, this will be my last post for the weekend. I hope you've enjoyed my previous ones and hope to see you ALL again in the future!

Since this is a Valentine's Day Kickoff and we're discussing romance...let me share with you a funny story about roses, kisses and happy-ever-after.

Recently I went dancing with a couple of friends and met a wonderful gentleman. As the night was drawing to a close, he said... "You're the romance writer, how is this happily ever after? The night is almost over."

My response, "Happily ever after takes a long time."

We laughed and then he told me to pick a rose from the gentleman walking around in the club selling them.

I picked a WHITE one.

Of course, he questioned as to why and I explained the meaning of the colors and said, "I'm not ready for red roses" (by that point in the evening he knew I was widowed).

The next time we saw each other - again out dancing - he bought me a yellow rose and asked what it meant. I reminded him that yellow was for friendship - which was perfect at this point in our relationship. His comment....

"When can I buy you red roses?"

I didn't answer that question.

Am I ready for romance, kisses and happy-ever-after?

Yes, in God's time and very possibly with this wonderful, Gentleman.

But let me tell you friends.....love is giddy...it's thrilling...it's terrifying....Love is sheer madness!



Winter Madness
© 2008
Publisher: White Rose Publishing
ISBN #: n/a – short story

Pamela S Thibodeaux
"Inspirational with an Edge!" (tm)

9 comments:

Virginia said...

Loved your story. Also love roses all colors

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Jean P said...

Thank you for sharing your story with us about the roses.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Joyce said...

thank you for the link to the meaning of the colored roses. I have saved this link for future use. I hope your story has a happy ending with some red roses.

Maria Zannini said...

What a beautiful story. I hope you are ready for your red rose soon.

Maria said...

What a beautiful story about roses and your new gentleman friend...my personal favorite roses are a pinky peach color:)

jungegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Everyone for commenting - I'm pretty sure red roses are in my future :-)

PamT

Cindy L said...

Awww...Pamela I got goosebumps reading your story! Wishing you all the best with your Gentleman!

cbandy10(at)hotmail(dot)com

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Cindy and best of luck & God's Blessings to you - ALL!
PamT

flchen1 said...

What a sweet story, Pamela! Wishing you the best in your journey of roses :)

f dot chen at comcast dot net