Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

In Dreams You Come To Me, Deena Remiel

This poem grew out of a scene in my second Brethren Novel, Relic. It has helped me drift off to sleep many a night. Enjoy!


In dreams you come to me, an enigma of a man
With the whispered promise
Of feathered, teasing kisses
To caress my body
Rapturously and bold


In dreams, my cloistered senses open for you
With my own whispered promise
To submit to all of your desires, and to my own
To take from you, that which you have to offer
Until we are sated
Leaving me bereft at the break of day


I’ve grown addicted to your presence
Distracted with breathless anticipation
I curse the dawn, and bless the twilight
Ushering you back into existence
Back into my world, and my arms once again


I lay me down, and shut my eyes
Tightly, oh so tightly
Forcing my dreams to hasten their return
But oh, how foolish of me
Dreams cannot be rushed
They drift in when they are ready


And you, my dream lover, will sail into my harbor
As destiny permits
Let destiny choose this night
To be the one to last an eternity
With you and me bound by love’s immortality


©Deena Remiel, 2010.

http://www.decadentpublishing.com/
http://brethrenbeginnings.wordpress.com/
http://plotmamas.com/

14 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Heh...the picture helps too. ;-)

Very nice all around.

SherryGLoag said...

A powerful but sad poem. The pics not half bad either!

desitheblonde said...

wow it a good one and the guy wow hunk
can i have him for my bd

Kasey said...

Oh yeah! Loving this pic and poem. Very hot for Valentine’s Day!
Mharri299@gmail.com

Eyre said...

Lovely poem!

JM said...

Oh, very nice.

Jean P said...

Lovely poem and the picture is awesome


skpetal at hotmail dot com

Deena said...

Thanks so much everyone! Can't begin to tell you how long it took to find that pic! lol But it translates beautifully from my mind's interpretation.

doxymom said...

Love the poem! Very sensual.

doxisrcool@aol.com

Deena said...

Thank you, doxymom!

Laura Kaye said...

I can totally see how that picture would inspire poetry! Great!

Deena said...

Thanks, Laura!

Joyce said...

Love the poem! Dreams can be powerful sometimes.

Deena said...

Thanks, Joyce. The scene I've fashioned this from is one of my favorite sensual scenes in RELIC.