Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ideas for Valentine's Dates


Want to do something special for your Valentine this year? Try some of these date ideas. Some of them are a little off the wall, but why not? Go for it!

1.Give your Valentine a special gift. Find a pretty bottle. Then write a love poem to your Valentine and put it in the bottle. Cork the bottle. The two of you can go together to throw it in the sea or the lake. That’s assuming you can part with it!

2.Take a dance class together. Tango, anyone?

3.Rent a movie to watch together. Throw a blanket on the floor and have a picnic while you watch the movie. I suggest fruit, cheese, and wine.

4.Use your digital camera to create a wonderful record of your date.

5.Meet each other for breakfast before work.

6.Buy a pack of personalized M&M’s for your Valentine. Yes, you can get them.

7.Take a ride in a horse drawn carriage.

8.Send small, inexpensive gift such as candy or poetry to your Valentine. Send one gift every hour of the day. I suggest a small gold key with a note explaining that this is the key to your heart.

9.Karaoke to the rescue! Use a karaoke machine to perform your Valentine’s favorite love song.

10.Play paint ball. The one with the most hits gets to pick a movie for the two of you. Be careful though. It hurts to get hit, and your Valentine might not enjoy it!

Thanks for reading!
Elaine Cantrell
Hope. Dreams. Life... Love
http://www.elainecantrell.com
http://www.elainepcantrell.blogspot.com

13 comments:

Kasey said...

I love the M&M idea. My friend did this last year and her man thought it was real cute.

mharris299@gmail.com

Elaine Cantrell said...

I like it too, but if I could pick just one I'd like to do the bottle thing.

Jean P said...

My husband would love the paintball idea. Though not sure if he would want me to play with him *L*

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Elaine Cantrell said...

I've never played paintball, but if it didn't hurt too bad it would probably be fun.

Elie said...

I like the last one. The paint ball experience would be fun and bonding. Plus getting cleaned up would be fun too.

Maria Zannini said...

He'd win my heart if I ever received a ride in a horse drawn carriage.

luciatea said...

Thank you for the ideas! I don't think Karaoke would be that smart... I sing VERY out of tune

luciatea01 (at) hotmail.com

Cindy L said...

These are such great ideas! We've actually done some of these.

cbandy10(at)hotmail(dot)com

Elaine Cantrell said...

Why, Elie, I like the way you think! Maria, you're a romantic which is my kinda girl. Luciatea, it doesn't matter in karaoke. Cindy, which ones have you done?

E.A. West said...

Ooh, I like the paintball idea! Definitely unique, even if it's not for everyone. :)

Judy said...

Those are some good suggestions!! I will have to jot down a couple for next year!!

Thanks!!

Judy
magnolias_1[at]msn[dot]com

Elaine Cantrell said...

Thanks for stopping by EA and Judy. I think next year we will play paint ball. That one is starting to grow on me.

Isabelle said...

I've always wanted to take a ride in a horse drawn carriage. :)