Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Guest Blogger Vanessa A. Johnson, Author of Sacrifices In The Name of Love


Good morning all. I'm Vanessa A Johnson, author of ebook Sacrifices In The Name of Love. I'm from Louisiana, just west of The Big Easy. As we approach Valentine's Day, with the theme of love in the air, I'd like to give you a small excerpt from my book, Sacrifices In The Name of Love, which is the moment my characters Trey Martin and Tessa Phillips share their first kiss.
"When the only thing separating us was our warm, quick, panting breaths of hot air, our gazes remained locked together. We stared deep into each other‟s eyes. My entire insides burned with desire. Trey‟s stare set my soul on fire, a fire that only he could squelch.
Bolts of electricity burst throughout my body from the nearness of him. I couldn‟t contain my desire any longer. I leaned my face toward his, shut my eyes and opened my hot, trembling lips to invite in Trey‟s equally hot quivering tongue. Our lips locked in a slow dance as we methodically sucked, twirled, and toyed and explored each other‟s mouths.
I felt like I was floating on a cloud and peacefully drifting toward the heavens."

Now, as my book title suggests, what sacrifices have you made under the guise of love. Better yet, what is one thing you have done, be it childish, foolish, stupid, etc., under the guise of love. Now don't be shy, spill it! If you haven't made any sacrifices, then tell me about your first kiss...the real one, not the one on the side of the face...the one where you exchanged DNAs...

video

Buy Link for Sacrifices In The Name of Love: http://redrosepublishing.com/books/index.php?manufacturers_id=169&osCsid=29f0d8b8fc60f851a243427d3c159537
Book is available with a 10% discount on Red Rose Publishing site.

I'm also giving away a pdf of Sacrifices In The Name of Love. I'll choose a name from the posters on this post on Monday, Valentines Day and notify the winner by email. So please, include your email addresses in your comments on this post. :)

11 comments:

Virginia said...

This does sound like a great read

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Angelina Rain said...

It sounds like a great book.

Maria Zannini said...

I occasionally watch my husband play on his Xbox (cuz he likes the company). I hate it, but it makes him so happy so I do it.

Kasey said...

I’ve sacrifice a career in the name of love. Wouldn’t recommend doing that.
Mharris299@gmail.com

Linda Swift said...

I sacrificed a career in education, moving every time my husband transferred to another state with his job. Never got tenure, don't have a decent retirement but I would do it again if the choice was to be made now. Linda

Vanessa A. Johnson said...

Thanks Virginia and Angelina, check it out if you're so inclined :) Maria, Kasey and Linda, do they realize and appreciate the sacrifice you've made for them?

Jean P said...

I sacrificed my job and moved half way across the country to be with my husband.
This sounds like a great book, must check it out.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

doxymom said...

I don't know if you'd call it a sacrifice really. I gave up a military posting in San Francisco to be near my future husband in Florida. Course he was a four hour drive away. LOL. And I'm the one who usually made the drive on the weekends.

doxisrcool at aol.com

Vanessa A. Johnson said...

Of course it's a sacrifice, Doxymom...I see a lot of you sacrificed your careers for your mates...I pray these sacrifices were worth it in that the relationships has withstood the test of time.

flchen1 said...

Right now it's more the sacrifices my husband's making ;) I'm a packrat; he's not. My stuff is driving him insane, but he manages not to say a word...

f dot chen at comcast dot net

Vanessa A. Johnson said...

Congratulations Virginia lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com, you are the winner of Sacrifices In The Name of Love. I'm emailing the pdf to you via the email provided. Thanks for visiting my blogs during the Valentine's Day Blog Party. Hope to see you again at the next party. I do look forward to hearing your thoughts on the book. Again Congratulations.