Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Guest Blog: Karlene Blakemore-Mowle

Playing hard to get…

Sometimes when writing a book, the story will throw you a curve. That's exactly what happened to me in Fallout.
Previously, my heroines have been sweet natured with a backbone of steel that emerges in their darkest hour and often they didn't know they had…but not Tully. Tully exploded onto the page full of cocky self assurance and cutting one liners.
I have to admit to not knowing how to take this character at first-and I know that sounds a little strange that the writer wouldn't know their character, but I honestly wasn't sure this woman was going to be likeable enough for readers to warm to, when I wrote the first few scenes of this book. However, this spirited, capable woman had a story to tell and she proved to be one of my favourite female characters to write.

Tully Chambers is no damsel in distress.  An up and coming detective, she had her sights set on promotion until the day her partner was murdered and she ended up on the run from the mob.
Jake Holden has demons of his own.  Having served his country for over twenty years, he’s found himself wounded, alone, and without a plan for his future. What starts as a simple diversion--trying to figure out the feisty little waitress next door—turns out to be his most dangerous mission yet.
From the tropics of Far North Queensland to the rugged isolation of the Northern Territory in Australia, two modern-day warriors discover their greatest fear isn’t that of a madman’s revenge–but of laying their hearts on the line for love.

What kind of characteristics do you like your heroine to have?

You can find this book at The Wild Rose Press   or watch my trailer here .

Best of luck with the fantastic prize draws! Happy valentines day!















10 comments:

desitheblonde said...

wow number one again i love the book and the cover is great hope you have great weeknd

Jean P said...

I like the heroine to be strong, but not unfeeling, I like her to have her soft side.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

LORETTA CANTON said...

I like a heroine who is smart and and capable.

lbcanton
lbcanton@verizon.net

Virginia said...

I love a strong heroine that will speak her mind.

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Maria Zannini said...

Not to worry. The cocky self-assured heroine is my favorite kind.

Karlene Blakemore-Mowle said...

Then you'll love Tully, Maria, Loretta and Virginia! Des, I love the cover too! and I agree Jean- there needs to be a soft side to a heroine as well- or you can't really find anything to feel empathy for I guess. :)

julietmadison said...

Sounds great Karlene. I like a heroine who is not afraid to show she is scared, or nervous, or worried, but who pushes through her fears to achieve her goals.

Karlene Blakemore-Mowle said...

Hi Juliet! I would have to agree! Thanks for stopping by.

Serena said...

Great blog post, Karly!

I like a heroine who's a good match for her hero - strong and capable, yet sympathetic and likable.

(BTW great trailer!!)
Hugs
Serena

Karlene Blakemore-Mowle said...

Thanks Serena! Glad you liked it. And I agree- I don't like one character more dominant than the other.