Over on my own blog, a few friends and I participate in something we call the Friday Five where we list five of anything. This was my post yesterday. I thought it might be fun to share it here, as well.
Monday is Valentine's Day. Love it or loathe it, you don't dare see your significant other if you're not armed with a card (minimum) or jewelry (maximum). But what if your cuddle bunny is a bit...non-traditional? Never fear. The cosmos have conspired to come up with some rather unusual choices for you. Take a gander:
1. Name a cockroach after your sweetheart. No joke. The Bronx Zoo is offering the opportunity to name one of their more than 50,000 Madagascar hissing cockroaches after the light of your life for the low, low price of $10. Because, as their ad says, "Roaches are forever." (Personally, I'd rather have a chicken named after me. Oh, wait! I do have a chicken named after me. So...there ya go.)
2. Bacon. Oh, but not just any bacon. Chocolate covered bacon. Go hog wild (pardon the pun!) and try the whole bacon gift box, which includes bacon caramel toffee and bacon chocolate pancake mix.
3. Give him/her your heart. No, really. This anatomically correct plush heart beats and pulsates when you shake it.
4. Sweetie's got a thing for Bubble Wrap? Look no further than the Infinite Bubble Wrap Keychain! Yes, (s)he can pop and pop and pop with realistic sounds, along with random noises. And it renews itself after each pop. Because bubble wrap should be eternal.
5. Does your honey tell (s)he wants nothing? Then here ya go! Yes, it's Nothing.
Glad I could help make your holiday shopping a little more fun.