Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Expectations


Good morning all. With the approaching of Valentine's Day, there's so much broohaha being made about this day. I believe it's one of the more profitable days for stores sales of candy, flowers, stuffed animals, and the big one: JEWELRY. What say you? Are you one who's expecting any or all of the above on this day or are you one who prefers these items or more importantly, the attention every day of the year. I often heard my mom say, "Give me my flowers while I can smell them." She didn't want the special attention on just this one day, she like me, prefer every day to be Valentine's Day. And like my dear mother, she believed you should show your love by actions and not mere words. Let me have your take on this. I'm off to church on this cool Sunday morning. God's blessings. I shall return.

10 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Your mother is a smart lady.

desitheblonde said...

wow i like the idea i got boot and that what i need

doxymom said...

I like how your mom thinks.

My Mom likes to say, "Don't save the special things just for the holidays because you don't know if you'll get there."

Sherry Gloag said...

Well my DH is not the romantic type, but today (he mixed the days up!) he gave me the most beautiful valentine card I've ever seen. Absolutely simple and therein lies the power of the message.
I'm a puddle on the floor.
Luv' u dh :-)

Greta said...

That's kind of my philosophy...show me you love me every day...obviously, that doesn't mean being showered with jewels or flowers or romantic dinners...but I certainly wouldn't complain, either! (ggunselman@gmail.com)

LuAnn said...

Of course, I want to be shown love every day, but a box of chocolates on February 14 is always nice!

reading_frenzy at yahoo dot com

Vanessa A. Johnson said...

Way to go, sherry. Believe me, I'm no fool....I'll take the goodies on the 14th, but don't forget about all the other days of the year as well. I think it's such a turn on to get a lil something JUST BECAUSE...

Jean P said...

I like how your mother thinks, totally agree with what she says.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Vanessa A. Johnson said...

Thanks guys, yes my mother was a very wise woman. I pray I've inherited some of her wisdom and can pass it down to my children.

Kasey said...

Couldn't agree with your mom more. The love is in the action!
mharris299@gmail.com