Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Do you remember your first kiss?

Do you remember that first kiss between you and your significant other? Were sparks flying?

On this day before Valentine’s Day, I just wanted to share an excerpt of the first kiss between my two main characters, from my latest inspirational romance, Mr. Shipley’s Governess. Find it online

Sophie got up quickly and before he realized it, she walked across the room to the bookshelf. “So, you really read Emma, too. That’s still surprising and sweet.”

He followed her. “You’re avoiding any serious conversation, young lady.”

She moved away, running her finger along the spines of the books. He kept following, backing her into a corner. She leaned her hands against the windowsill and backed up as far as possible. She laughed nervously. “So, tell me again why you interrupted me.”

“I did it because I’ve wanted to do this for a long time now.” He cupped her face, tracing the outline of her lips with his thumb. Then he lowered his mouth to hers and kissed her gently, at first, but soon his fervor matched hers. She put her arms around his neck and moved in closer. Finally, they pulled away from each other, both breathless. “I…I’m sorry.”

She touched his cheek. “Don’t be. I’ve wanted you to do that for a long time, too.”

He squeezed her hand. “I should get back to work. David’s going to wonder what happened to me.”

Sophie gave him a flirty smile. “Oh, I’m sure he knows.”

“Now try not to compare me too much to Mr. Knightly because there’s no contest, really.”

As he walked out of the room, he still felt the warmth of her lips on his and the softness of her body in his arms. He chided himself. “Shake it off, man.” Then he walked down the hall in search of his brother.

Joanne Troppello, Author of Mr. Shipley’s Governess

www.joannetroppello.weebly.com

8 comments:

Joyce said...

I had a first kiss experience with a friend whom I didn't know liked me that way. It was the best kiss I've ever had. It was one that made you see stars and took your breath away. Even though we did not stay together too long (we decided to remain friends) I will always remember that kiss.

Mindi said...

Wow very sweet. The first kiss oh so special and nerve recking, I remember being so nervous about kissing a boy that I didnt do it til I was 16!

liana laverentz said...

Yes, and it wasn't nearly as sweet, but it was terribly furtive and exciting. A boy in the neighborhood who was a year older than me. That was the one and only time we ever kissed. He went off to high school and we went our separate ways.

Jean P said...

Mine wasn't that exciting, a quick kiss as we were sitting around a campfire.


skpetal at hotmail dot com

amaebi said...

I can't remember-- and somehow I think it's jsut as well. :D
,aryanndimand[at]gmail[dot]com

Maria Zannini said...

First kisses come in all flavors but they're always memorable.

Maria said...

I do remember my first kiss with several of my long term boyfriends and they were each special in their own way. Thanks for the excerpt!


junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

Cindy L said...

He has some willpower to be able to walk away from that kiss!

cbandy10(at)hotmail(dot)com