Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Monday, December 13, 2010


Ten Things You Probably Don't Know About Me

1. I love to build things even though I have no skills. I used to make miniature furniture but I had to give it up. I've sliced off more flesh carving tiny ball and claw feet than any craftsman you'll ever meet.

2. Cats make me nervous. Considering I worked for a veterinarian for so many years, it’s almost inconceivable. But cats, even my own Kitty, make me skittish. The vet I used to work for made fun of me all the time. I was never sure how many fingers I’d have left after I stuck them into the crate of an unknown kitty.

Cats know this fear and take advantage of me every time.

3. I can't swim. I can't even float without panicking.

4. At a party, I'm the one having a conversation with your dog.

5. I’ve always wanted to be an archeologist.

6. I can't sing. (It's possible several people already know that.)

7. I can't eat my favorite fruit. Mangoes are related to poison ivy and they give me a terrible reaction. My lips swell up as big as Angelina Jolie's mouth. That wouldn't be so bad, but they itch like crazy.

8. I saw my first ghost when I was three years old.

9. I started writing when I ran out of things to remodel in my then 'new' house. I haven’t stopped writing since.

10. Men either love me or they’re afraid of me. I’m okay with either one. :grin:

How about you? Do we share anything in common? Let me know in the comments!


Maria Zannini's latest release is a science fiction romance called TRUE BELIEVERS.

Mix one cynical immortal and one true believer and throw them into the biggest alien-hunt the world has never known. Rachel Cruz is a Nephilim masquerading as an archeologist and she's stuck with an alien who believes she can lead him to his ancestral gods.

Black Ops wants to find these gods too. They want them dead.

You can find Maria here:






Marianne Arkins said...

At a party, I'm the one having a conversation with your dog.

That is SO me. And the men thing? Ditto. *G*

Maria Zannini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria Zannini said...

Marianne, we could be twins separated at birth and a few :mumble, mumble: years. LOL.

J.L. Johnson said...

Lol, #4 is me as well, but they're the ones who start the conversation. :P thing about me you don't know...I love to bellydance!

Maria Zannini said...

JL! I saw a reference you made on belly dancing once, on Twitter or FB. I can't remember which. I was going to comment and then something pulled me away--probably a dog destroying something. LOL.

I've always wanted to learn to belly dance. I think that's so cool.

Jennifer Shirk said...

LOL! Loved reading these things about you.

My mom can't swim either.

Cats make me nervous too. The way the creep around I never know what they're going to do next.

Maria Zannini said...

Jennifer: Lord knows how often I tried to learn to swim. I had many young men in my youth wanting to teach me. LOL.

jackie b central texas said...

#4 oh yeah that is me too Maria, or if you have small children and or a dog that is where I will be playing with the "kids"!

Cats however cannot believe you are skittish with them when you raised those two big bruisers you call "dogs"!

One thing you may not know about me before I was 5 and when I was 16 I almost drowned, needless to say since then taught myself how to swim as long as it is underwater I am fine!

jackie >_<

Maria Zannini said...

Jackie, believe it or not the exact same thing happened to Greg when he was a kid. He said he saw his life pass before his eyes. Since he was so young, he said it passed by twice. LOL. The next day he went down to the YMCA and learned how to swim.

I never get to the point of drowning. And now I try to stay on dry land.

I'm glad you did the smart thing and learned how to swim.

Melissa said...

We've got a lot of things in common although i can sing and i can swim oh and i was seven when i saw my first ghost

Maria Zannini said...

Melissa: I don't mind not being able to sing--but I would sorely love to know how to swim. Thanks for stopping by!

Cate Masters said...

Maria, are you my astral twin? :) We have so much in common, it's a little scary! I've always had a hankering to make things in metal, don't ask me why. Wish I could see a ghost, but that and the mango thing (didn't know it was related to poison ivy!) are the only two things we don't share. So hey soul sister!

Maria Zannini said...

Cate: Heh, soul sister. I like it!

Just think if we lived closer. We'd be holy terrors. :grin: