Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Friday, September 17, 2010


Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, OH MY!

Animals and Romance? What a combination! Especially when those "animals" are too-sexy-for-their-own-good-Shapeshifters! And the possibilities are limitless. Thanks to the popularity of Paranormal Romance, authors are getting the chance to use their "wild" imaginations and create heroes and heroines that are beyond the 'norm' ---preternatural beings that can survive just about anything we throw at them. And we do (LOL) throw A LOT at them!

Want a Cougar shapeshifter hero who falls in love with his enemy and then has to choose between her or the survival of his family? My first-ever book TEMPTATION UNLEASHED had the hero, Aiden, fighting his primal side and his human-male need for a mate.

In HUNTED MATE, my lion shapeshifter hero, Logan, not only had to fight off other shapeshifters to protect the heroine but also had to fight his own honor code. Fate had decreed that she belonged to someone else. Would he give her to her fiance' ...or decide to keep her for himself?

In my PREY FOR THE WOLF, Kane is an Alpha shapeshifter who sets his sights on his brother's fiance. He has to decide whether or not he kills her --- or claims her.

My favorite shapeshifter hero has to be from UNDER A SHIFTER'S MOON. Lyon Savage, an alpha jaguar has been forced to marry in order to save his Pride from distinction. But what happens when the woman he has to marry isn't the woman he loves? His choice could end in disaster and death for too many. Including the heroine's.

Give an author a primal hero and she runs with a story that has readers devouring it and wanting more. Gotta love those Shapeshifters!

What shapeshifter is your favorite? I'd love to hear from you. Contact me, any time, at: And please do visit my site:

Kari Thomas is a multi-published, award-winning Author writing mainly in the Paranormal Romance genre. She loves the endless possibilities, the magic, of creating heroes and heroines with inborn strengths that can take them through anything. When not writing, she is also a Freelance Editor for an Arizona publisher, and a Book Reviewer for the major Publishing Houses. Her Reviews can be read at her site under "Kari's Korner Reviews". She is also the Caregiver for her elderly dad, and they live in Northern Arizona.


Miranda Stowe said...

I just finished writing a shapeshifter story. I had no idea it'd be so contagious; I've aleady started on another!! They are very liberating.

Your stories sounds great, not only yummy but heart-renching too.

Kari Thomas said...

Thanks Judy and Marianne for this opportunity!

Hi Miranda, THANKS for stopping by! Arent shapeshifters the best? Good Luck on your story AND keep writing!

hugs, Kari

ladydi6497 said...

Give me any kind of shapeshifter! I love them all.

I cannot wait to read this book.

Thanks for being here.

amber polo said...

Any kind? Aren't there shifter who are definitely NOT sexy.
What do you say, Kari?

*yadkny* said...

I absolutely love shapeshifter stories! They are my favorite!!! Can't wait to dive into your, Kari. I'd have to say the classic wolves are my favorite shapeshifter with a close second being panthers. I'd heard there was a sexy story about anaconda shifters, but I haven't checked that one out yet.

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

I like the big tough predator types, wolves, cats, bears, dragons. Great post, Kari!

Kari Thomas said...

Thanks, everyone, for dropping in!

I have to agree, Shapeshifters are beyond sexy! My favorite are the Cats, with Wolves running second.

Course, Amber knows that Chippies can be awful CUTE too, huh! LOL!

hugs, Kari

deenar116 said...

I have definite tastes when it comes to shapeshifters. I like the feline family for sure! Lion, jaguars, and jaguars, oh my! My heart is racing just thinking about them. Maybe it's the mane, the rippling muscles, the hypnotic eyes, or EVERYTHINg! lol

Great blog, Kari! Hugs!

Kate Richards said...

Sounds like you have the shifters covered!Nice blog!

Author Mary C said...

I'll take any of your shifters anyday, Kari! Each of them are unique and all of them are yummy.

Excellent Blog!

Sarah said...

I love the dragon, wolf and bear the most. They all are intoxicating! Great job

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

I love the big cat shifters like jaguars--sleek and beautiful.

I've also read some dragon shifter stories and have loved those too.

I always enjoyed your posts. :)