Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010


Virgin at RT CON

This was my first Romantic Times Convention and one phase kept repeating itself from day 1 until the last day, Oh My God! That pretty much sums it up. This wasn’t my first writers convention but it certainly is the most memorable.

The workshops, of course, were fantastic but what makes this stand out are the people. Lots and lots of people from the readers to the cover models, the contestants from the Mr. Romance Competition and my personal favorite the cover model for my latest book CHANCES ARE, Jimmy Thomas. All I can say is OMG. These guys were smoking. But every last one was also super sweet, like you can sit down with them and have an actual conversation. Drooling all the while of course, but still able to have a conversation.

The next fun thing was meeting some of my favorite authors. I’ve met so many that have inspired me and whose writing I truly enjoy. But I was most excited to meet Bridget Midway. I’ve known Bridget online now for about 3 years and she’s given me great advice so I was really excited to finally met her in person.

Oh and the parties were awesome too. You haven’t been to a Fairy Ball until you’ve been to one at RT, same for a Vampire Ball. We authors know how to party. So if anyone ever has a chance to attend an RT Con do it. Check out my pictures on my website and

Thompson is an award winning bestselling author, an avid reader and writer of contemporary, fantasy, and sci/fi sensual interracial romances, where race is not a factor. Visit her website at to read excerpts of her books or sneak-a-peek at some of the stories she’s currently working on.


Franny Armstrong said...

Excellent blog, LaVerne. I see you just can't help rubbing my nose in the fact that you got to meet JIMMY THOMAS! (you brat lol)

Don't worry, next RT I'll meet not only him in person, but you as well.

Franny Armstrong-ParaNovelGirl

Stephanie Burke said...

Hey Doll! Great report! I see you left out the names of the guilty and the innocence you debauched! LOL! *g*

RT was a lot of fun and I can't wait to get those pictures of you dancing on table tops! LOL


Isis™ said...

Now Franny you know I wouldn't do that *snort* No seriously tell you want we'll both take a picture with Jimmy in the middle.


Isis™ said...

Flash- I have no idea what you're talking about. I was just an innocent bystander. I merely 'ahem' observed for story purposes only of course.



IR LOVER said...

Okay LaVerne, you were a bit wilder than you told me!

Anything else happen at RT that you would like to share? You look real comfortable with Jimmy! (LOL *kidding*)

Ahem..anything else?

Stephanie Williams

Lisa L. Leibow said...

Glad you had a great time! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Thanks for sharing.
Lisa Lipkind Leibow

Pauline B Jones said...

My first RT about blew my mind, too. Glad you had a good time!

Dyanne said...

So, you danced on the table tops huh? LOL. I'm glad you had fun. I love going to parties. Did they have any psychics there this year?


Kristabel Reed said...

Sounds like a truly awesome time! I've never been to a writing convention (pretty new to the publishing world). I'm reading the comments and thinking I missed a great party. I'll have to see if I can make one, cause how can I miss out on vampire balls and psychics?

Angela Kay Austin said...

There pictures were awesome! It looks like you had a blast. I can't wait to attend.

Aliyah Burke said...

Great blog and pics. Sounds like a lot of fun. One day...I'll get to go as well.
Happy reading,

Isis™ said...

Wait Wait Wait! Psychics??? Didn't see any and they can stay far away from me. LOL

As far as the 'anything else' you are free to read my next few novels and extrapolate for yourself. ROFLOL Let's just say I got me some ideas.

Isis™ said...

Hi Aliyah- Thanks for stopping by. Thank you all.

And yes I highly recommend attending RT. I meet so many really wonderful people in the industry but readers as well. Next year it will be in LA I'm planning on attending. If for no other reason I'll no longer be a virgin and know what the heck I'm doing. LOL


Caridad Pineiro said...

I always love going to RT. It's a blast and it's nice to meet so many wonderful people. So glad you had a nice time.

Chicki said...

Sounds wonderful! One of these days I'm going to one of these events ...

Denysé said...

Now you know how much I love JT, and hearing about your meeting with him and all the fun you had at the con makes me wish more and more that I could get to one of these things!! Great stuff, LaVerne!!!

Hugs, Denyse

Serenity King said...

Hi LaVerne,

I am guessing you had a really nice time (Lol!). Good for you...hopefully I will be able to attend a convention in the near future *sigh* Great pics...I so love Jimmy Thomas. Great blog.


Chaeya said...

Hey LaVerne, I think I'm definitely coming to the RT next year. Too many good looking guys. I need a partner in crime, are you up for it? Oh right, yeah, I'm there for the workshops :oP

Isis™ said...

LOL! You all are so entertaining. It would be great if we could all be at RT in LA next year. I can pretty much guarantee you'll have a blast. Oh and the workshops will be fun too.

Make sure and bring your fairy wings though and pack the vampire teeth. You'll need both. LOL

Isis™ said...

Chaeya- You know it girl. Got my six gun all ready to go. LOL


Stephanie Burke said...

LaVerne! You know you were riding models like horses and scaring the morticians! Hmm, or was that some other tiny little chick in solid black running around and terrorizing? LOL

I am so glad that you had a blast. I had to forward a lot of people your Web Site, hon! You made an impression!


Stephanie Burke said...

FRANNY! E mail me!


Bridget Midway said...

Hey Laverne! It was absolutely kickass to finally meet you face-to-face! Glad you had a great time at RT.


Colleen Love said...

Hey LaVerne!
It sounds like you had such a great time! Someday I hope to go to RT too!! Would love to be in the Fairy's Ball! How fun! Of course meeting Jimmy would be the sugar on top! :)
Thank you for sharing all of your fun!


Isis™ said...

Flash- I made an impression???? What the heck about you. LOL Thanks for forwarding. BTW I put most of that website together myself with a little help.

Colleen- It would be great. I promise we'll have a blast!


Isis™ said...

OK this computer is acting up. I swear I posted something. Maybe it landed in that alternate realm so many authors keep talking about. LOL

I'll try to remember what I said.

Flash- What do you mean I made an impression???? Impossible standing next to Centaur Girl. LOL Thanks for directing folks to the website. I actually did most of it myself with a little help.

Colleen- You have got to go to one. I promise you'll have a blast.


Chaeya said...

LA????? Woo Hooo!!!! I live in SoCal. I'm so there! If the rooms are reasonable, I'll shack up with someone. LaVerne you must give me the scoop on having a table with your books and all that.

Isis™ said...

*hugs* right back at ya Denyse.

Isis™ said...

Chaeya- We'll talk. You have no excuse not to go next year. As a matter of fact I'll hold you to going. Right now I'm saying I'm going and I'm planning on going, but you all know sometimes life has other ideas and didn't bother to discuss them with you. LOL


Isis™ said...

Oh and before I forget. Just to add a little incentive. I understand that Jimmy will be in LA as will Charles Paz Mr. Romance 2009 and the current Mr. Romance Jamie Ungaro, along with Chris Winters. If you do not know who these men are you really need to look them up. You can see some of them on my photos.

Really people if this doesn't get you to LA well don't say I didn't try. LOL

LaConnie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Keeping my fingrs crossed that I get there next year!!

StephB said...

What fun! Thanks for sharing. I hope to go next year when it gets to LA.


Isis™ said...

Hi LaConnie and Steph- Yeah I hope you ladies make it there too.