Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Friday, January 1, 2010

GUEST BLOG: MJ FREDERICK

The holidays are almost over, and the doldrums of January are about to set in. I’m not a fan of January, though I like it better than August (I live in South Texas AND I’m a teacher, so…). I need something to look forward to in the following weeks. My dad chides me for wishing my life away, but I need lights at the end of certain tunnels, you know?

So, some things I’m looking forward to:

1. My 23rd wedding anniversary on Sunday. Yes, I married when I was ten ;)
2. My fourth book’s release on Tuesday (Breaking Daylight from Samhain. Isn’t the cover stunning?)

MJ Fredrick

3. The return of first-run TV shows, particularly Supernatural and Glee. (Boy, a psychiatrist might have a field day with the spectrum those choices encompass!)
4. The possibility of a snow day. Or ice day. (Again, I’m in South Texas. I think we’ve had 4 bad weather days in my 21 years of teaching.)



I’ll savor the time in between, enjoying the chance to wear my fuzzy socks and cozy pjs and drink coffee and hot tea and hot cocoa without overheating. But at least I’ll have some highlights along the way!

14 comments:

Jennifer Johnson said...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations on the release. This is an exciting week!

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Jennifer! Yes, it is! I told the poor dh that we'd have to cut the anniversary celebration a little short, so we actually celebrated Wednesday night at a Brazilian restaurant! Was yum!

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm also looking forward to more Glee. I thought I'd catch up on shows over the holidays, but that didn't happen.

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Charity! I caught up on a lot of shows and movies, too. Of course, when I go back to work, the new shows start, so it'll be a logjam on the Tivo again!

Virginia C said...

Hi, MJ! Happy New Year! Congratulations on your book release and your anniversary. The cover of "Breaking Daylight" is beautiful : )

gcwhiskas at aol dot com

robynl said...

My congrats on your wedding anniversary and the book release which, by the way, has an awesome cover.

LeslieJane said...

Happy Anniversary. Hopefully, you can take after my parents, who just celebrated their 50th. And they went on cruise to celebrate.

And I will be more than happy to send our snow/ice we get here to you in Texas. Then you can have the snow days you want.

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Virginia and Robyn! I love this cover, too. My editor went CRAZY when she saw it!

Leslie, wow, what a great example to follow. 50 years. Congratulations to them!

My students would be happy for you to send that snow ;) We had flurries the first week of December and they were out of their minds because they'd never seen anything like it before.

sherry said...

Happy Anniversary, I really love your cover.

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Sherry!!!

susan said...

Happy Anniversary to you and hubby. I will follow your special day with mine..I turn a year older on Monday and I still feel in my 30's even tho I retired last year. ha ha I think your idea of being cozy with some hot drink sounds great. I got a snuggie for Christmas and I love it. Hope to be in touch more this year as I am devoting more time for ME. Happy New Year also. susan L.

MJFredrick said...

Happy birthday, Susan! Good for you for aiming for more ME time! We always seem to neglect that, don't we?

debbie haupt said...

MJ congrats on your book, it looks great and I can't wait to read it.
I'm married 30 years this month.
Happy New Year!!!
Deb

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Deb! Happy anniversary to you, too! Did people think you were crazy getting married in January, too?